Research You Can Depend On...
Winter maintenance checklist offering tips and advice to winterize your home's systems in good working order during the upcoming winter months.
1. Test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace batteries and damaged equipment.
2. Take fire extinguishers to a certified inspector to make sure that they function properly.
3. Change/clean HVAC air filters.
4. Check faucets in your kitchen, bathrooms, basements and etc. for leaks and other problems.
5. Clean the lint out of your clothes dryer vent.
6. Check refrigerator and freezer gaskets. Place a dollar bill on the seal and close the door. If the bill easily moves, then the seal is not working properly.
7. Use a vacuum with a brush attachment to clean the coils on the back of your refrigerator and freezer.
8. Flush water heaters to remove sediment and improve efficiency.
9. Dye test toilets and repair identified leaks.
Homeservicereports.org is a trusted source of home improvement companies, home repair contractors and remodeling experts in the Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina areas.
If you are considering upgrading your homes hot water heater for a tank-less system, replacing your central air conditioning unit for better energy efficiency or maybe remodeling part of your home's interior, be sure to utilize HomeServiceReports.org to compare home improvement companies, get free price quotes and locate discount offers for all your home repair and renovation projects.
Interview at least 3 companies, and ask them the tough questions. We recommend that you interview several contractors before making your final selection. How long have they been in business? Are members of the Better Business Bureau? What is their Contractor's License number? Do they have "before" and "after" pictures? Will they set up a site visit with a previously served customer so you can inspect their work firsthand? How do they resolve "punch items"? Can they explain common pitfalls of the work? Can they show proof of insurance and workers' compensation?
Get as many references possible. HomeServiceReports.org conducts exhaustive research before endorsing a home service provider. We recommend that you seek as many personal references as possible, particularly if you go outside the HomeServiceReport.org membership base.
Get at least 3 "apples-to-apples" home improvement or repair quotes. Make sure to clearly outline what you want completed and that you get comparable quotes from at least three providers. Cheaper does not always mean better. Go with the combination of price and quality that makes the most sense given your needs and budget.
Seek home improvement references from trusted sources like HomeServiceReports.org. Our membership selection has been based on countless hours of research and extensive homeowner feedback. Because of our due diligence, you are more likely to be satisfied with the quality of work provided by our member companies. Other useful sources of information are your neighbors, friends, family and co-workers. But remember, one reference is not enough to make a strategic selection when it comes to finding reliable home improvement and remodeling contractors.
Get More Free Home Improvement Advice
Additional information about planning a home improvement or renovation project, as well as, additional tips and advice for selecting contractors and repair companies is available in our home improvement articles section.
Top Home Improvement and Repair Service Categories
"Homeowner Approved" Charlotte air conditioning repair, roof repair in Charlotte, electricians in Charlotte, NC, home remodelers in Charlotte and plumbers in Charlotte, NC.